If you are looking for special meat second plates, here you have Chianti tuna, one of the typical Tuscan recipes based on pork meat that is a real preserves.
It is an ancient poor cuisine recipe and a farmer tradition, internationally recognized for its taste and its preparation that has not changed during centuries. The farmers used to prepare this kind of meat because of the good habit of not wasting anything.
The meat of the young piglets used to boil for hours with the spices into the white wine and then preserved under oil in order to be consumed during the winter. You just have to try this specialty. The Chianti tuna will preserve in the fridge covered by oil for a month.
- 1 kg of pork thigh lean meat
- 2 bottles of white wine
- 2 bay tree leafs
- 1 rosemary branch
- 1 thyme branch
- 10 black pepper grains
- coarse salt
- Pour the wine into a pot, add the herbs and warm it up until boiling.
- Cut the pork thigh lean meat and put it into the broth, add salt, cover and cook it with low fire for 4-5 hours.
- When the meat starts to split apart, switch off the fire and leave it cool down fully into the broth.
- When it is cold, dry the meat with some paper napkins and split it apart with hands.
- Put everything in a glass jar, add some pepper grains and rosemary, fill with Monterinaldi extra-virgin olive oil, close and preserve inside the fridge.
- Let it marinate at least 24 hours before consuming.